Every year, the first Sunday of September, the Historical Regatta takes place in Venice. This year, the 4th of September, do not make engagements and enjoy one of the events in Venice with the highest following!
The regatta, which took place for the first time in 1315 to celebrate the military victories and the beginning of the Serenissima rule over the Mediterranean islands, is today made up of 2 different parts: the historical parade and the rowing boat races.
Do you want to know more? Check the programme here below and find a place along the Grand Canal to admire this unforgettable und unique event!
Programme – Sunday 4th September 2016
- 4:00 p.m.: Historical water parade along the Grand Canal with costumed crews, boats and gondolas of the Venetian rowing associations
- 04:30 p.m.: Two oared regatta on “mascarete” dedicated for children
- 04:50 p.m.: Young rowers’ twin-oared “pupparini” regatta
- 05:10 p.m.: Women’s twin-oared “mascarete” regatta
- 05:40 p.m.: Six-oared “caorline” regatta
- 06:00 p.m.: International Universities Boat Challenge
- 06:10 p.m.: Twin-oared “gondolini” regatta
Please note that the programme could change before the starting of the Regatta. You can follow the updates here.