If you are considering to visit Venice in September, maybe a list of the main events in town could be helpful for your decisions.
- Sunday 1st: Regata Storica di Venezia. The main event in the annual “Voga alla Veneta” rowing calendar, particularly well-known today for the spectacular historical water pageant that precedes the race. Scores of typically 16th century-style boats with gondoliers in period costume carry the Doge, the Doge’s wife and all the highest ranking Venetian officials up the Grand Canal in a brightly coloured parade. An unforgettable sight and a true reconstruction of the glorious past of one of most the powerful and influential Maritime Republics in the Mediterranean.
- 28th August – 7th September: the 70th Venice International Film Festival
- until 24th of November: Art Biennale at the Giardini, the Arsenale, and in various venues around the city of Venice, the title is The Encyclopedic Palace
- until 24th of November: Roy Lichtenstein – Sculptor at Fondazione Vedova – Magazzini del Sale
- MUVE Contemporaneo: exhibitions and events, bringing in the Musei Civici some of the leading exponents of art and the major art movements of the late 20th century. Remember that Camping Ca’ Savio guests can get a special discount. Among the other exhibitions:
29th of September6th of January 2014: The Sonnabend Collection at Ca’ Pesaro, a series of works of the highest artistic quality forming part of the principal experimental schools of the late 20th century through over 70 iconic works of the period.
- until 27th of October: Sir Anthony Caro at Museo Correr
- until 13rd of October: Vedova Plurimo, exhibit in the most prestigious cultural venues of the city– the Museo Correr, Ca’ Rezzonico – Museum of the 18th century Venice and Ca’ Pesaro, International Gallery of Modern Art – whose permanent collections will “open up” to an extraordinary “meeting-cum-confrontation” with the work of the great Venetian painter through a common denominator called “Vedova Plurimo”.
- Visit the the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the current exhibitions
- Visit the Accademia Galleries (28th of September open until midnight)
- 20-22 September: antique market in Campo San Maurizio
Remember that the Vaporetto dell’arte follows the route of the main art venues in Venice along the Grand Canal. More details here.
And if you need one more reason to come to venice in September, here it is: you can take advantage of the Camping Ca’ Savio Offer for September (7th-30th): stay in a mobilhome Torcello or Riviera in a new Beach House or in a Bungalow Seconda Fila 7 days at the price of 5 and 4 days at the price of 3!